Jan 31, 2009

Skiing at Mt. Hood

Scott and I took our day off and went skiing together up at Mt. Hood! It was a blast and the weather could not have been better! Scott had not been up on skis since he was a little boy (I'm converting him over to the ski side) since he usually snowboards. But, he did great and took to it like a pro. We did blue runs the whole day and even made it up to the highest lift open! You could see all the way to Sisters! It was just beautiful! After our time on the slopes, we hit the lodge for Timberline's world famous hot chocolate. To my disbelief, the hot chocolate came from an automatic machine... we could see this because we were sitting in the bar area... I must say, I was a little disappointed as I expected something handcrafted. Regardless of the machinery... it was still enjoyable to be sipping a hot drink, on a beautful snowy day, with my love by my side after a day of skiing! It was a great date!

0 comments: